Sunday 2 June 2013

Another music video, another dollar....well....

A fairly slow start to the year in terms of productions.
The main thing so far being the just completed and published music video for the Oxford doom/sludge band UNDERSMILE, and the song "Soil".

This was all shot on the trusty Canon T2i, from around the end of January until March (Actually only on 4 days, it just got spread over a wide amount of time)....To start with I had ideas of creating a very Argento style video, and although the colour scheme of the 'live' part retained the very over the top lighting, little remains of my original plan...So it ended up being a mish mash of visuals, not perhaps as striking as the previous video I did for the band, but it captures their performance style better.

As the live part was filmed at night (on a freakishly cold MArch evening, in the middle of a farm, with snow and ice still on the ground), I had to employ a 30mm 1.4 sigma lens (not fantastic as the focus was razor thin), and a lot of lights to get close to lighting the scene...I'd bought 6 160-led lights and covered them with coloured gels and thought that might be enough, but to be honest I really could have done with more powerful lights...and as I hate pushing the camera above 400iso I had a real job on my hands...a 5dMarkII would probably have been better for this, but hey.

As always I tell myself I won't film 'the next' project at night, but I always do!

Undersmile - Soil - The Official Video

No comments:

Post a Comment